With such frequent use, it’s inevitable that your bathtub will start showing signs of wear over time. These fatigue might be visible as stubborn stains, discoloration, chips or cracks. Ideally, your bathroom should be both a relaxing and uplifting space for washing away or preparing to face the rigors of your day. A tired, worn-out bathtub is neither.
Can’t consider replacing your bathtub because of the exorbitant amount of time and money it entails? If so, the good news is there’s a cost-effective alternative to replacing your existing bathtub, and that’s bath refinishing. Also known as bath resurfacing or reglazing, it’s the clear choice in terms of cost, around 75% cheaper than replacement.
The Environment Wins Too
Apart from the cost benefit for you, refinishing your bathtub also offers benefits for the environment:
- Bathtub refinishing saves your tub from the landfill where it would take a very long time to degrade considering its size.
- Bathtub reglazing provides an alternative to having to purchase new bathtubs, which cuts down on manufacturing processes that affect the environment.
- Bathtub resurfacing provides an opportunity to get rid of potentially dangerous finishing products on old bathtubs. Some tubs manufactured prior to 1984 have unsafe levels of lead because of the lead-based paint used to finish them. When the glaze wears off on such a bathtub, the lead can leak into the bath water and can get into your kids’ mouths as they splash around enjoying bath time. Even small amounts of lead can have dire health consequences. Reglazing your old bathtub presents the opportunity to apply a solid layer of protection against lead.
Other Benefits of Refinishing Your Bathtub
Refinishing your existing bathtub offers several additional advantages, such as:
- Looking like-new for a fraction of the cost of buying and installing a new bathtub.
- With a reputable and reliable refinishing company, you’re getting the job much faster compared to the time it would take to remove your old tub and have a new one installed. Your bathroom would be unusable for days until the job would be done which might cause inconveniences, as opposed to just after 4 hours with Supreme Bath Refinishing.
- Bathtub reglazing extends the lifespan of almost any tub, making it possible to purchase and reuse an old bathtub instead of buying a new one. Claw-foot tubs are particularly ideal. These have a unique vintage look and are made of heavy cast iron that lasts an extremely long time.
- Refinishing your bathtub presents an opportunity to change its look, along with other parts of your bathroom. For instance, its color can be changed and the tiles around it can also be replaced or reglazed for a whole new look. Additionally, your tub can be treated to be slip-proof, and if you have a separate shower stall, it can be redone to match the tub.
- Reglazing your bathtub gives it protection from water leaks that can cause structural damage and/or mold and mildew to develop.
If you’re a homeowner or commercial hospitality property that needs bathtub refinishing such as a hotel or Airbnb, you want your guests to have an experience they love, not talk badly about on social media. If you’re in New York City or surrounding areas, Supreme Bath Refinishing is the name to call on for superior bathtub refinishing services. Since 2000, this expert team has given thousands of bathtubs new life to the delight of their owners. Great reviews on Google, Yelp, Home Advisor and other consumer rating platforms tell a story of dedication to excellence.
Supreme Bath Refinishing’s particular technique guarantees that your good-as-new bathtub will be ready for use in just four hours. Request a quote by filling out a form and giving just a few details about the work you want done. Skilled technicians will get your job done without the odors or dust that come with installing a new tub. If yours is in good condition and hasn’t been refinished before, you’ll get a lifetime warranty for the job. At the same time, recaulk and regrout your tub, add a non-slip bottom, and/or replace your drain if needed. Supreme satisfaction is guaranteed!