A bathroom is one of the common spaces that is in frequent use. For this reason, it is important that periodic checks are done to ensure that all the fittings are working well. Delays in repairing or replacing fixtures like faucets, toilets and sinks can render a bathroom unusable.
Signs That It’s Time For A Change
When a fixture or other part of the bathroom like the wall or floor, there will be signs. They include:
- Leaks such as from the faucets or the drain underneath the sink
- Slow draining away of water from the sink, bathtub or shower
- Rust or discoloration which may be caused by hard water
- Cracks, dents, chipping or missing floor and wall tiles
- Water pooling on the edge of the bathtub or sink which indicates the seal has worn off.
When you see this or other signs of wear, your first thought may be to pick up some tools and do the job yourself. While it may save you money, it may cost you more in the long run because you may fail to see or fix the underlying problem. Also, it may be that a fixture needs to be replaced rather than repaired because it is past its time. The best approach would be to have a professional come in and look at the problem. They may even be able to uncover others like a clog along the drainage outside.
Keeping Up With The Times
If you live in a house that was built a long time ago, it may also be that the fixtures are malfunctioning because they are old. Even if they do work, they are incomparable to modern fixtures in terms of functionality and aesthetics.
One example is toilets. These days, they are contemporary toilets that are elegant and made for optimal functionality in terms of water consumption. One example is Kohler toilets. There are different types of them but they are all built for comfort and even to reduce strain on the back and legs. They have longer seats than standard, and come in a variety of colors.
They also have flush systems that have an in-built pressure-assist system. It enhances the force of the flush so that the toilet is completely flushed out every time. This also minimizes water consumption. Some models are built to minimize maintenance and optimize water flow. If the toilet is in your house, investing in such a toilet is well worth the cost in terms of savings that will be realized from reduced water consumption and maintenance.
Technology-Based Bathroom Fixtures
One option is smart faucets. They differ from regular ones in that they are powered by an energy source. There is also the option of battery-powered ones or those that are connected to a power source like a mini electric heater. Smart faucets will still work without power but as regular ones until power is restored.
Also, smart faucets come with a solenoid valve. This is a magnetic one that turns the water on and off. It is activated by touch or voice like other smart home devices such as those activated by Alexa. There are also smart faucets that use infrared sensors which is the type commonly found in public restrooms.
Different types of smart faucets also;
- Measure out water quantity precisely
- Shut off automatically after a set period of time like two or five minutes.
- Detect and respond to leaks
- Improve water quality. While regular faucets can have a filter attached, smart ones go further by providing analytics about the water quality in a home in real-time. They can tell you which precise contaminants have been filtered out.
The walls and floors are two of the largest spaces in a room. They, therefore, need to be paid attention to in terms of how they look and function. When it comes to bathroom flooring, it needs to be:
- Durable because bathrooms are in use by several people many times a day.
- Safety to minimize chances of accidents such as from a slippery floor. In this regard, some options like textured porcelain tile are safer than laminate or vinyl floors.
- Waterproof or water-resistant. Typically, waterproof flooring is ideal but in small or guest bathrooms or use that are not used by kids like those in master bathrooms, water-resistant flooring is good enough.
- Easy to maintain. Some options like textured stone will need more maintenance compared to vinyl.
- Cost. Your contractor can advise you on the best options based on your budget. They may also know where to get good deals thanks to overstock or discounts which you may not know about.
If you live in or around Manhattan, Brooklyn or New Jersey the professional company that many know and trust is Supreme Bath Refinishing. Since 2000, we have worked in many homes and commercial properties like hotels and Airbnb to install, repair or upgrade bathrooms. Apart from fixtures, we also install vanities and counters.
One popular service is bathtub and shower refinishing which removes stains and discoloration so that they look like new. Additional treatments like making the bathtub slip-free can also be done. Tile refinishing and regrouting, shower stall and sink and vanity reglazing are also available.
All you have to do is get in touch and we will take it from there with a site visit and free consultation to map out the way forward. Your bathroom should be a relaxing space where you get ready to face the day or wash away its rigors and stresses. We will transform it into exactly that. Supreme satisfaction is a promise.