The mold can get everywhere in the bathroom, usually it creeps into corners but also on the tiles; generally the cause is attributable to humidity but also to poor hygiene of the rooms: the points in the bathroom where humidity settles easily are those around the shower, the toilet, the pipes and on the surfaces subject to water, such as tiles, walls, floor and ceiling.
How to fight mildew in the bathroom ? It is essential to carry out a thorough and frequent cleaning and to respect some simple precautions.
Mold in the bathroom – how to recognize it
Mold is not always recognizable at first sight, in fact, in the case of small molds or molds that are just forming, we can recognize their presence by smell. It is also good to check the tiles: a porous layer may form between one tile and another.
Mold in the bathroom – how to prevent it
To avoid the proliferation of mold it is good to limit the humidity therefore there are some precautions not to be overlooked:
- Make sure there are no leaks in the bathroom: the check can take place during the usual cleaning operations
- Clean and consequently dry all hard surfaces, such as floor and wall tiles
- Regularly wash soft surfaces such as the shower cubicle curtain
- When showering, completely close the curtain or the shower cubicle door to prevent spilling water onto the floor and walls as much as possible
- Ventilate the room after each shower, leaving doors and windows open.
- After showering, dry the room
- Put the mats and towels outside, in contact with the air, and rearrange them in the bathroom only when they are completely dry
- Install an exhaust fan to turn on when showering
Mold in the bathroom – cleaning
To eliminate the mold, you don’t necessarily have to resort to the classic detergents that we find on the market. There are natural remedies that prove to be equally effective and, above all, not harmful to the environment.
- Once you have found the presence of mold in the corners and inother places, intervene with a toothbrush soaked in a solution composed of 250 ml of water, 100 ml of vinegar and the juice of a lemon. In case of stubborn mold, add baking soda.
- Periodically clean the bathroom curtain in the washing machine, adding a cup of baking soda and a cup of vinegar. If it is plastic, it will be good to leave it to soak in water and detergent, also adding vinegar in this case. Before assembling it, make sure it is perfectly dry.