Whether you’ve just purchased an old New York home, planning to do some renovations in an apartment you’ve been renting out, or just want to give your house a new look, you are faced with a choice for your bathroom: refinishing or replacing.
When you look at the scratched bathtub, broken tiles, and old fixtures, the inner voice tells you to replace all of them immediately. Fortunately, there is a simpler and cheaper way to give your old bathroom a new look. Bathroom refinishing, tile painting, and sink resurfacing in Brooklyn are accessible to any homeowner. Let’s take a look at the reasons why refinishing is better than replacing.
1. Bathroom Refinishing Saves You Money
The cost of a new bathtub might not be too high. However, when combined with removal and installation expenses, it can end up costing you thousands of dollars. Meanwhile, bathroom painting in NYC comes at a fair price.
Refinishing your bathtub can cost about 10 times less than replacing it. The same is true for fixtures and tiles. Tile painting in NYC had a moderate price tag. Meanwhile, tile removal and installation can take a serious toll on your wallet.
2. Bathroom Caulking Saves You Time
Bathroom caulking in NYC, as well as tile painting and bathtub refinishing, may seem to take too much time. However, the removal and installation take just as much time, if not longer. As long as you have professionals doing the job, you can enjoy your new and improved bathroom in no time. Some simple refinishing processes, including bathtub caulking in Brooklyn, may take less than 24 hours to be completed.
3. Save Your Walls
Bathtub, fixtures, and tile removal can be a very destructive process. Removing fixtures from the walls and the floor can lead to additional expenses. Walls may need to be cut or even demolished. So besides getting a new bathtub, you may need to go through some complicated renovations.
If you have a large bathtub, it might not fit through the doorway. Maneuvering it out of the bathroom and down the hall or the stairs can lead to other unexpected damages.
Unfortunately, refinishing is not always the best solution for every homeowner. Here are a few reasons why you may need to replace your bathroom instead of refinishing it:
- You have a low-quality bathtub. Refinishing makes sense only if you want to leave your old high-quality fixtures. If you don’t like the quality of your current bathtub, you might end up paying high costs for regular refinishing.
- Your bathroom is outdated. If you’ve just purchased an older home and want to do a complete makeover, it makes sense to get rid of all the old fixtures and install a contemporary bathtub.
- You want to change the décor. If the old bathtub or sink doesn’t fit into your dream of a new bathroom, a replacement is in order.
If none of the above three reasons suit your situation, you can relax and call in the refinishing professionals.